After planning in the project management the project will enter into the Executing the project. Various techniques to execute the project includes:
Techniques and Tools:
- Executing the baseline project plan: The job of the project manager is to initiate the execution of project activities, acquire and assign resources, orient and train new team members, keep the project on schedule, and assure the quality of project deliverables.
- Monitoring project progress against the baseline project plan. Using Gantt and PERT charts can assist the project manager in doing this.
- Managing changes to the baseline project plan.
- Maintaining the project workbook. Maintaining complete records of all project events is necessary. The project workbook is the primary source of information for producing all project reports.
- Communicating the project status. This means that the entire project plan should be shared with the entire project team and any revisions to the plan should be communicated to all interested parties or stakeholders so that everyone understands how the plan is evolving.